- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp finely diced red capsicum
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 125ml dry white wine
- 450g fresh spaghetti
- 350g raw shelled prawns
- 125ml cream
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a saucepan over a medium to low heat.
Add garlic and capsicum. Fry for just a few seconds until the garlic is just
starting to colour. Stir in the tomato puree and wine. Cook for 10 mins,
- Add the prawns to the sauce and increase the heat slightly to a medium –
high heat. Cook for 2 mins stirring until prawns turn an even pink. Reduce
the heat and stir through the cream. Cook for 1 min, stirring constantly,
until thickened. Season generously with salt & pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook the fresh pasta in
the boiling water for about 3 mins, or al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain
the pasta and while still moist, add to the pan with the prawns.
- Turn the heat off completely and toss the spaghetti through the sauce to
mix and coat. Divide among serving plates and garnish with parsley.